Saturday, March 14, 2015

Charity night at the Veda Mandir

  Last night I was invited by Ila Kothari to a red nose charity event at the Veda Mandir in Bolton. It was my first time at a Hindu Red Nose Event and great fun.

I bought some books


and the catering was excellent!






There were terrific cakes on sale like these








but the highlight of the night for me was the Hindi Karaoke with amazing voices.




I got nowhere close with guessing the number of jelly beans in a jar, my 1850 being a whole 400 out of the actual total. I did win a prize in the tombola and bought some incense with which to relax. Two people volunteered to act in a Gujarati play I'm involved with in the writing project. A great evening with lovely people. Thank you, Ila, Kala and Jivy and friends.  


No comments: